- 30 qty. Phyllo Dough Sheet Thawed
- 125 gr.4.5 oz. Butter Melted (Unsalted)
- 125 qty. Walnut
- 300 gr.10.5 oz. Sugar
- 400 ml.13.5 fl. oz. Water
- 0.5 qty. Lemon Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1. Melt butter. Trim phyllo dough to fit your baking dish. (I use 20.0 cm.8 in. x 20.0 cm.8 in. glass baking dish. You can use larger or smaller one.) Cover phyllo dough with a towel to keep from drying out.
2. Place walnuts in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
3. Take a small pot, pour water and add sugar. Boil the syrup over medium heat about 5-6 minutes. Add lemon juice and boil 2-3 minutes more and take away from the heat and let it cool to room temperature while preparing baklava.
4. Preheat oven to 180 C355 F.
5. Brush your baking sheet with butter. Place one phyllo sheet into baking pan and brush it with butter. Place another sheet and brush again. Continue this step until you have 10 phyllo sheets at the bottom.
6. Spread half of the ground walnuts over the phyllo dough.
7. Add 10 buttered phyllo dough and spread remaining walnut. Add remaining 10 buttered phyllo sheets and brush the top with butter. Cut baklava into diamonds or just square shapes with your sharpest knife.
8. Bake about 30-40 minutes until top become golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and wait about 3-4 minutes. Pour syrup over the baklava and let it cool to room temperature.
10. Serve at room temperature.