- 12 qty. Phyllo Dough Sheet
- 150 gr.5.5 oz. Green Lentil Boiled
- 1 qty. Onion Diced
- 1 qty. Red Pepper Chopped
- 1 qty. Green Pepper (Jalapeno) Chopped
- 1 qty. Salt Teaspoon
- 0.5 qty. Cumin Powder Teasoon
- 0.5 qty. Black Pepper Teaspoon
- 50 gr.2 oz. Olive Oil
- 50 ml.1.5 fl. oz. Water
- 1 qty. Sesame Seed Teaspoon
- 1 qty. Nigella Seed Teaspoon
1. Boil green lentils until softened.
2. Take a large skillet, saute onion, red and jalepone peppers with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
3. Add salt and boiled green lentils and continue to cook about 2-3 minutes by stirring rarely.
4. Add black pepper and cumin stir and take away from the heat. Set aside to cool down.
5. Preheat oven to 180 C355 F.
6. Take two phyllo dough into working place and sprinkle 1 tablespoon water just with your fingers, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon oil with a brush.
7. Place lentil mixture into the center of the long side of phyllo dough, fold two sides inward and roll it up. Place it into the baking sheet lined with parchment paper as in spiral form.
8. Prepare other phyllo dough sheets and place into the baking sheet.
9. In a small bowl, mix grape molasses and water, brush the pastries with this mixture, it gives more golden brown color to our pastries like egg wash.
10. Sprinkle some sesame and Nigella seeds and bake about 30 minutes or until the color becomes golden brown.