- 1000 ml.33.5 fl. oz. Milk
- 300 ml.10 fl. oz. Water
- 90 gr.3 oz. White Rice
- 140 gr.5 oz. Sugar
- 1 qty. Egg Yolk
- 1 qty. Corn Starch Tablespoon
- 0.5 qty. Vanilla Extract Tablespoon
1. In a large pot, cook washed and rinsed rice with water until all water disappear.
2. Add 800 ml.26.5 fl. oz. milk and stir occasionally until it boils over medium heat.
3. Take a medium mixing bowl, pour remaining 200 ml.6.5 fl. oz. milk, add 1 tablespoon corn scratch and one egg yolk, whisk until combined.
4. Take one ladle of boiling milk and pour over mixing bowl and whisk quickly. Pour another ladle and continue to whisk.
5. Pour milk, egg yolk and starch mixture into the pot and stir quickly, add vanilla extract and stir again.
6. Stir until it boils and thicken a little bit about 3-4 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 200 C390 F, and take a baking dish, place porcelain ramekins and pour 400 ml.13.5 fl. oz. boiled water to the baking dish.
8. Remove pudding from heat and with a ladle share it into the porcelain ramekins.
9. Bake about 10-15 minutes until top becomes golden. Let it cool to room temperature and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
10. Serve cold.