- 225 gr.8 oz. Butter Melted
- 1 qty. Egg Medium
- 200 gr.7 oz. Sugar
- 400 gr.14.5 oz. Flour
- 100 gr.3.5 oz. Shredded Coconut Unsweetened
- 1 qty. Salt Teaspoon One Pinch
- 2 qty. Vanilla Extract Teaspoon
For The Filling:
- 750 gr.27 oz. Sour Cherry
- 75 gr.2.5 oz. Starch
- 75 gr.2.5 oz. Sugar
- 400 ml.13.5 fl. oz. Water
1. In a medium saucepan, cook sour cherry, sugar, starch and water to thicken over medium heat. Set aside and let it cool to room temperature.
2. In a food processor or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat melted butter and egg until creamy, add step by step flour and desiccated coconut. Add one pinch salt and vanilla extract and mix a little bit more.
3. Dough should be crumbly.
4. Preheat oven to 180 C355 F and prepare an 26.0 cm.10 in. spring form baking pan or any other tart pan. Lightly oil the bottom of the pan.
5. Press, 3/4 of the crust into the bottom of the pan.
6. Spread the cherry filling evenly over the crust.
7. Sprinkle remaining crust over the cherry filling and bake about 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
8. Cool completely and serve with powdered sugar.