- 30 gr.1 oz. Green Lentil
- 500 ml.16.5 fl. oz. Water
1. Soak green lentils in a medium bowl about 12-16 hours.
2. Drain lentils, wash with fresh water and drain again, transfer lentils into a large jar and cover it with a piece of cheesecloth and hold it with a rubber band.
3. Place jar in a dark side of your kitchen.
4. Every 8 hours, wash lentils with fresh cold water and drain well. We want them to be moist but there shouldn't be excess water at the bottom of the jar. You can turn the jar upside down and wait about 20-30 seconds to drain well.
5. Sprouting process can take 3-4 days. During this time continue to rinsing and draining process in every 8 hours. When you see the green leaf pokes out, it is ready to use.
6. You can store them in a refrigerator in an airtight container up to 2-3 days.