- 100 gr.3.5 oz. Olive Oil
- 300 ml.10 fl. oz. Water Lukewarm
- 2 qty. Salt Teaspoon
- 20 gr.0.5 oz. Coconut Sugar About 2 Tablespoons
- 2 qty. Active Dry Yeast Dessert Spoon
- 550 gr.19.5 oz. Flour
For The Filling:
- 120 gr.4.5 oz. Poppy Butter (Poppy Seed Paste) 3 Tablespoons
- 3 qty. Olive Oil Tablespoon
- 30 gr.1 oz. Coconut Sugar 3 Tablespoons
- 9 qty. Walnut Ground
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix 100 ml.3.5 fl. oz. lukewarm water, 2 tablespoons sugar and yeast. Set aside about 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
2. Add remaining lukewarm water and oil. Add flour step by step and add salt.
3. Knead until you get a soft and smooth dough. Cover it with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place to rise about 45-60 minutes.
4. Meantime, prepare the filling, in a medium mixing bowl, mix poppy butter, sugar and oil until well combined.
5. Preheat oven to 180 C355 F and prepare a baking pan. I've used 23.0 cm.9 in. spring form baking pan lined with parchment paper and lightly oil the sides with spray oil.
6. When the dough rises double in size, take it to a lightly floured surface and knead about 1 minute. Divide it into 3 pieces.
7. Take one of the dough and roll into a rectangle about 0.5 cm.0.2 in. thick.
8. Spread 1/3 of filling on the rectangle of dough. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon ground walnut.
9. Tightly roll the dough, beginning with the long side of the rectangle.
10. Cut the rolled dough into 3.0 cm.1.2 in. thick pieces and place them into the baking pan.
11. Prepare remaining dough with the same way. Let them rise until doubled in size in a warm place.
12. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
13. Serve with powdered sugar.