- 450 gr.16 oz. Kale
- 1 qty. Onion
- 1 qty. Tomato
- 2 qty. Red Pepper
- 250 gr.9 oz. Ground Beef
- 200 gr.7 oz. White Rice
- 2 qty. Salt Teaspoon
- 1 qty. Black Pepper Teaspoon
- 1 qty. Cumin Powder Teasoon
- 1 qty. Cayenne Pepper Teaspoon
- 1 qty. Tomato Paste Tablespoon
- 4 qty. Olive Oil Tablespoon
- 2450 ml.81.5 fl. oz. Water Boiled
1. In a large pot, boil 2000 ml.66.5 fl. oz. water. Add kale leaves and boil about 30 seconds until they wilt. Remove them from the boiling water and transfer into cold water to retain color.
2. Place onion, tomato and red peppers into a food processor and process until diced well. Transfer them into a large mixing bowl. Add spices (salt, pepper, cumin and ground red pepper), washed and rinsed rice, ground beef and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix until combined.
3. Cut off the thick stems of kale leaves and place them into the bottom of a large pot.
4. If your leaves are too large you can divide them into two and remove the hard center part of the leaf.
5. Lay one leaf on a flat surface. Place 1 dessert spoon of filling in the center of the back side of the leaf. Now you can roll them up or give triangle shape like me. Choose which one is easier for you. Roll all the leaves up and place into the pot (bottom of the pot covered with stems of the leaves).
6. In a small mixing bowl, mix 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 450 ml.15 fl. oz. boiled water and 1 pinch salt. Pour over the stuffed kale rolls, place a heat proof plate over them. Cover the pot with a lid and cook over low heat about 30-40 minutes until all water absorbed.
7. You check by removing one of them and opening it up.
8. Serve warm with yogurt.