- 1000 ml.33.5 fl. oz. Milk
- 4 qty. Starch Tablespoon
- 150 gr.5.5 oz. Sugar
- 1 qty. Salt Teaspoon 1 or 2 pinch
- 1 qty. Vanilla Extract Teaspoon
- 1 qty. Egg Yolk
- 200 ml.6.5 fl. oz. Heavy Cream
- 150 ml.5 fl. oz. Heavy Cream
- 100 gr.3.5 oz. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. In a small bowl, whisk starch, egg yolk and 200 ml.6.5 fl. oz. milk until smooth.
2. Take a large pot, add sugar and let it melt over low heat. It takes about 5-7 minutes. When the color turns to brown, add heavy cream and whisk to combine. Add salt and continue to whisk until caramel becomes smooth.
3. Add remaining milk over caramel mixture slowly and whisk meantime.
4. Continue to mix until it boils.
5. Add starch mixture slowly and continue to whisk.
6. Add vanilla extract and stir until thickened to a light pudding consistency.
7. Turn off the heat and share the pudding into the jars.
8. Take a small sauce pan, heat, heavy cream to the boiling temperature (but do not boil). Remove from the heat and add chocolate. Whisk until all chocolate melts and get a smooth ganache. Share it over the pudding jars and let them cool to room temperature.
9. Chill at least 3 hours or overnight before serving. Enjoy!