- 3 qty. Egg At Room Temperature (Whites and yolks separated)
- 150 gr.5.5 oz. Sugar
- 200 ml.6.5 fl. oz. Milk At Room Temperature
- 180 gr.6.5 oz. Olive Oil
- 25 gr.1 oz. Cocoa Powder About 2 Tablespoons
- 2 qty. Nutella Tablespoon
- 220 gr.8 oz. Flour
- 2 qty. Baking Powder Teaspoon
- 0.5 qty. Salt Teaspoon One Pinch
- 1 qty. Vanilla Extract Teaspoon
- 200 gr.7 oz. Sour Cherry About One Cup
1. Preheat oven to 180 C355 F and prepare a baking pan covered with parchment paper. ( I used a small loaf pan and a 18.0 cm.7 in. spring form pan.)
2. In a stand mixer, beat the egg whites with half of the sugar until foamy on high speed.
3. In another bowl, beat egg yolks with remaining sugar until creamy. Add vanilla extract, milk and olive oil and mix again.
4. Add nutella, one pinch salt, and sifted cocoa powder, flour and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
5. Add egg white foam in three steps to the egg yolk mixture and stir slowly with rubber spatula until combined.
6. Pour cake batter into your pan and place cherries on top of the batter. Bake about 30 minutes. Make a toothpick test and remove from the oven.
7. Let it cool to room temperature. Serve cold or lukewarm. Enjoy!